Wednesday, June 3
10:30 to 11:30 a.m. — “Travel Time” party at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
1:15 p.m. — The Gulf Coast Writers meet at the Anna Maria Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-7631.
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce luncheon at Stonewood Grill, 7110 Cortez Road, Bradenton. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
Friday, June 5
9 to 10 a.m. — Senior Social Hour at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
5 p.m. — The Mystery Florida Conference hosts its free Mystery Mingle, featuring about 50 authors, at Lido Beach Resort, 700 Benjamin Franklin Drive, Lido Key. The conference continues through Saturday at the resort. Information: wwwmysteryflorida.com or 941-388-2850.
Tuesday, June 9
Noon — Anna Maria Island Rotary Club presents “Working With Adults and Children with Disabilities” with guest Marla Doss at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee applies.
Wednesday, June 10
7:45 to 9 a.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce “Sunrise Breakfast” at Melinda’s Cafe, 5315 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens 11-17 meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- June 13-14, blood drive at St. Bernard Catholic Church, Holmes Beach.
- June 17, young organists competition at Christ Episcopal Church, Bradenton.
- June 19-21, Bradenton/Sarasota Home and Garden Show.
Ongoing Off-Island Theater:
- “Laughing Matters” Florida Studio Theatre, 1241 N. Palm Ave., Sarasota, through June 6. Box office: 941-366-9000. Fee applies.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.