Wednesday, June 29
8 to 9 a.m. - "Good Morning Longboat Key" at the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce, 6960 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 383-2466.
3:30 to 5 p.m. - Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Hurricane Seminar at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 778-1541.
Thursday, June 30
7 p.m. - Longboat Key Historical Society presents "Longboat Key: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow" with Town Commissioner Jeremy Whatmough at the museum, 6960 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 383-4066.
Friday, July 1
4 p.m. - "Billabong Odyssey" surf movie at Holmes Beach City Hall, 5801 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 704-9656.
7 to 9 p.m. - Teen night at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 778-1908.
7 to 10 p.m. - Live original music at Ginny's Antiques and Jane E's Bakery, 9807 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 778-7370.
Saturday, July 2
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club meeting at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
10 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Publix barbecue prepared by Alday's Barbecue at E. Bay Drive and Manatee Avenue, Holmes Beach. Fee applies.
10:30 a.m. - Wild bird training class at the Pelican Man's Bird Sanctuary, 1708 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 388-4444.
Noon - Dedication ceremony for the new monk parrot habitat at the Pelican Man's Bird Sanctuary, 1708 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 388-4444.
Sunday, July 3
8 a.m. - Sierra Club walk at Myakka State Park. Information: 484-4113. Fee applies.
Monday, July 4
10 a.m. - Privateers' Fourth of July parade from Coquina Beach to Bayfront Park/ Bradenton Beach to Anna Maria. Information: 650-6136 or 729-9039.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Freedom Fest at Bicentennial Park, 2730 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 383-2466.
Noon to 2 p.m. - Privateer's Fourth of July party and scholarship award presentation at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 650-6136 or 729-9039.
Wednesday, July 6
7 to 8a.m. - Pier Regulars meeting at Anna Maria City Pier, 100 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Information: 778-7062.
5:30 p.m. - Teen meeting at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-6341.
- Art by Ruth Cade at Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, through June 30. Information: 778-6648.
- "Hooray for Hollywood" summer enrichment program at Miller Elementary School, 4201 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton, through July 1. Information: 741-3300. Fee applies.
- Exploring Florida's Waterways nature camp with the South Florida Museum at various locations, through July 15. Information: 746-4131, ext. 22. Fee applies.
- "Bioquest" summer camp at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria, through Aug. 5. Information: 778-1908. Fee applies.
- Sierra Club paddle at Weekie Wachee Springs July 9.
- Family origami class at the Island Branch Library July 9.
- "That's Italian" family festival at Ringling Museum July 9.
- Journalist Helena Bachmann Milligan at the BeachHouse Restaurant July 10.
- Gulf Coast Writers at the Island Branch Library July 11.