Wednesday, June 25
8 a.m. - The Longboat Key/Lido Key/St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce hosts a lunch at the chamber office, 6960 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-2466.
5 p.m. - The Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce hosts a networking event at the Key Royale Club, 700 Key Royale Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1541.
Thursday, June 26
11:30 a.m. - The Longboat Key/Lido Key/St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce hosts a lunch at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, 2001 Siesta Drive, Sarasota. Information: 941-383-2466.
Friday, June 27
5 p.m. to 10 p.m. - The Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce hosts an Island Music Festival concert at the corner of Pine Avenue and Bay Boulevard. Bring a lawn chair or plan to stand. The event features Kettle of Fish. Information: 941-761-4766.
Saturday, June 28
8:30 a.m. - The Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts a breakfast meeting at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. The speaker is Lolly Owens of the Artists Guild of Anna Maria Island. Information: 941-795-8697.
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Regions Bank’s Island branch, 3900 Sixth Ave., Holmes Beach, hosts a benefit for the Human Society of Manatee County from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bring your pooches because the benefit is a dog wash, with grooming tips, K9 demonstrations and doggie portraits. Information: 941-778-8060.
Sunday, June 29
4:30 p.m. - Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, hosts a kick off for its vacation Bible school program with hamburgers and hot dogs. Information: 941-778-1813.
Tuesday, July 1
10 a.m. - The Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach hosts a presentation on “Croc Encounters” for children. Information: 941-778-6341.
Noon: The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meets for lunch and a program at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee. Information: 941-778-1880.
Wednesday, July 2
5:30 p.m. - Teen program attendees bring an old T-shirt and learn how to update, modernize and customize the shirt to for a fresh look at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- On Fridays, the Anna Maria Island Community Center hosts a family night, featuring indoor skating and movies. Information: 941-778-1908.
- From 8 a.m. to noon the first Saturdays of the month, the Felts Audubon Preserve, 4600 24th Ave. E., Palmetto, opens to visitors, with volunteers available to answer questions about the flora and fauna and hiking paths. Information: 941-729-2222.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- On the first and third Saturdays in July, the Historic Bridge Street Merchants Association presents the Bridge Street Market from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Bradenton Beach. The event will take a late-summer break and resume in the fall. Information: 941-518-4431.
- On June 25, the Island Players series of summer theater classes begin 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesdays at the theater. Information: 941-518-4431.
- On July 3, the BeachHouse Restaurant presents its annual fireworks display. Information: 941-779-2222.
- On July 4, the Anna Maria Island Privateers host a parade from Coquina Beach in Bradenton Beach to Bayfront Park in Anna Maria, followed by a party at the Cafe on the Beach.
Save the date:
- On July 19, the South Florida Museum celebrates the birthday of Snooty the Manatee. Information: 941-746-4131.
- On Aug. 15-17, the Island Players welcome the Welsh Players to the Island for a performance of “The Importance of Being Earnest.” Fee. Information: 941-778-5755.
Send calendar listings to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include time, date and location of the event and a contact number and e-mail address. The deadline for submissions is at least one week prior to the Wednesday publication date.Remember, the sooner you submit your notice, the sooner The Islander can announce the event.