Wednesday, May 27
5 to 7 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business card exchange at Island Real Estate, 401 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
5:30p.m. – Teen “paper craft” program at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
Saturday, May 30
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Chinese Dragon Boat Festival at Coquina Beach, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-822-0939.
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Rummage sale at St. Bernard Catholic Church, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-4769.
Tuesday, June 2
Noon — Anna Maria Island Rotary Club lunch with guest speaker Manatee County Commissioner Carol Whitmore at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. Fee applies.
Wednesday, June 3
1:15 p.m. — The Gulf Coast Writers meeting at the Anna Maria Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-7631.
10:30 to 11:30 a.m. — “Travel Time” party at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens by gender for ages 11-17 meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
June 9, “Working with Adults and Children with Disabilities” presentation at the BeachHouse.
• June 13-14, Blood drive at St. Bernard Catholic Church.
Off-Island Arts & Events:
Thursday, May 28
6 to 8 p.m. — Opening reception celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing at Manatee Community College Fine Art Gallery, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 752-5225.
Ongoing Off-Island Theater:
- “Black Pearl Sings!” Florida Studio Theatre, 1241 N. Palm Ave., Sarasota, through May 30. Box office: 941-366-9000. Fee applies.
- “La Cage aux Folles” at the Manatee Players, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton, through May 31. Information: 941-748-5875. Fee applies.
- “Laughing Matters” Florida Studio Theatre, 1241 N. Palm Ave., Sarasota, through June 6. Box office: 941-366-9000. Fee applies.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.