Wednesday, May 17
5 to 6 p.m. - "Open Your Hearts - Empty Your Cupboards" Island Rotary Club food drive at Publix Super Market, 3900 E. Bay Drive, Holmes Beach.
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. - Longboat-Lido-St. Armand Keys Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours at the Sarasota Sailing Squadron, 1717 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 383-2466. Fee applies.
Thursday, May 18
11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. - "Tourism: Where are we now? Where do we want to be?" Longboat-Lido-St. Armands KeysTri-chamber discussion and lunch at the Hilton on Longboat Key, 4711 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 383-2466. Fee applies.
8 p.m. - Opening night of "Mixed Emotions" at the Island Players, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 778-5755. Fee applies.
Friday, May 19
1 to 2 p.m. - Family caregiver support group at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 747-4655.
Saturday, May 20
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club meeting with speaker Marla Doss, development director of Children's Haven and Adult Community Services at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
8:30 a.m. - Skateboard competition at the Holmes Beach Skate Park, 5801 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 708-5804. Fee applies.
10 a.m. - Armed Forces Day celebration at American Legion Post No. 24, 2000 75th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 794-3489.
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - The Anna Maria Island Privateers Snooks Adams' Kids Day at Bayfront Park on North Bay Boulevard in Anna Maria. Information: 753-1497 or 779-4542.
Sunday, May 21
2 to 4 p.m. - Retirement party for Anna Maria Elementary School teacher Deborah Thomas in the school auditorium, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 708-5525.
4 p.m. - Pianist Mike Markaverich at First United Methodist Church, 603 11th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 747-4406.
Monday, May 22
8:30 a.m. - Internet class at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-6341.
Tuesday, May 23
Noon - Anna Maria Island Rotary Club lunch with guest speaker John Smarge at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 713-0042.
Wednesday, May 24
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Longboat-Lido-St. Armand Keys Chamber of Commerce lunch at the Sun House Restaurant, 111 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 383-2466. Fee applies.
- Cancer prevention and survival cooking class at Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria, through May 20. Information: 778-1908.
- Manatee High School Student Exhibit at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach, through May 26.
- "Mixed Emotions" at the Island Players, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria, through May 28. Information: 778-5755. Fee applies.
- Stephen Sondheim's musical Follies at the Manatee Players Riverfront Theatre, 201 Old Main St., Bradenton, through May 28. Information: 748-5875. Fee applies.
- "Geometricks" exhibit by Jill Joli Wulkan at the Manatee Arts Council Gallery, 926 12th St. W., Bradenton, through May 29. Information: 746-2223.
- Art exhibit by Midge Pippel at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, through May 31.
- "The New World in the Eyes of Explorers" at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton, through June 4. Information: 746-4131. Fee applies.
- Longboat-Lido-St. Armands Keys Chamber of Commerce golf tourney at Longboat Key Club May 26.
- Cindini jail break at Old Anna Maria City Jail, Anna Maria Island Historical Park, May 27.
- "Once Upon A Time" summer camp at Anna Maria Island Community Center May 30.
- "Good Morning Longboat Key" at Longboat-Lido-St. Armand Keys Chamber of Commerce May 31.
Save the Date:
- Islandwide Blood Drive June 10-11