The Islander's Super Bowl XLIII trivia contest
Paul F. Georges of Bradenton Beach won The Islander contest, chosen from a pool of the top entries.
Questions and answers:
1. Super Bowl XLIII is taking place at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on Feb. 1. How many times has Tampa Bay been the site of a Super Bowl?
2. If you see an official with one wrist striking the other above the head during the game, what has been called?
Answer: A personal foul.
3. Who holds the record, through Super Bowl XLII, for most Super Bowl fumbles in a career?
Answer: Roger Staubach, 5.
4. The final score in Super Bowl I, which took place in 1967 at Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, was:
Answer: Green Bay 35, Kansas City 10
5. Who sang the national anthem before the Super Bowl game in 1991 and who played that game?
Answer: Whitney Houston, New York Giants, Buffalo Bills.
6. In how many Super Bowls has Paul McCartney performed?
7. What team holds the record, through XLII, for the most touchdowns in a Super Bowl game?
Answer: San Francisco, 8.
8. True or False: The NFL pays for up to 150 rings at $5,000 per ring.
9. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are scheduled to rock this year’s Super Bowl at half-time. Who rocked at Super Bowl half-time in 2002?
10. What Dallas quarterback was the most valuable player in Super Bowl VI?
Answer: Roger Staubach.
11. The maker of the Vince Lombardi Trophy, which costs about $25,000, is:
Answer: Tiffany & Co. of New York.
12. Super Bowl XLVI will take place on Feb. 5, 2012 in what city?