Wednesday, Dec. 31
Today is New Year’s Eve.
8 p.m. to 1 a.m. — New Year’s Eve Celebration Black Tie (optional) Party at Mattison’s Riverside, 1200 First Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-748-8087. Fee applies.
9 p.m. — New Year’s Eve Extravaganza with music by DJ Chuck C at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-2222. Fee applies.
Midnight — Fireworks at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-2222.
Thursday, Jan. 1
Today is New Year’s Day.
5 p.m. — Deadline for children ages 5-12 to submit a four-color decal design to the Feed the Manatees Snooty Club Decal Contest. Entry forms and templates at www.southfloridamuseum.org. Information: 941-746-4131, ext. 11.
Saturday, Jan. 3
8:30 a.m. — The Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts a breakfast meeting at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-795-8697.
9 a.m. to noon — BayWise kayak tour from South Lido Park to Otter Key. Space is limited to 15 participants. Information: Sarasota Bay Estuary Program offices, 941-955-8085.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Bridge Street Market at 107 Bridge St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-618-4431.
10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. — New year ritual yoga workshop at the Island Yoga Space, 9805 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Registration: 941-778-3149. Fee applies.
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Vanessa Hoffman will sign copies of “Rear View Mirror” at the Village Bookshop, in the Village of the Arts, 1006 11th Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-750-9141.
4 to 9 p.m. — Night at the Museum: Your Body is a Universe in the planetarium at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131. Fee applies.
Monday, Jan. 5
4 to 5:30 p.m. — Introduction to black and white photography for ages 8 and older at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach. Four-week session. Information: 941-778-2099. Fee applies.
7 p.m. — Artists’ Guild Gallery presents “Interior Redesign and Trends” with Kathy and Wayne Moser in the Community Hall at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6694.
Tuesday, Jan. 6
Manatee public school classes resume.
Noon: The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meets for lunch and a program about Florida Virtual School with Ya’Frica Edwards at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee. Information: 941-778-1880.
2 p.m. — Financial and Estate Planning for Today: Common Financial Concerns presented by Vinnie Conte at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
4 to 5:30 p.m. — “Budding Young Artists” class for ages 7 and older at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach. Four-week session. Information: 941-778-2099. Fee applies.
- “Birds of the FISH Preserve” photograph exhibit at the Florida Maritime Museum, 4415 119th St. W., Cortez, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday, through Jan. 12. Information: 941-708-6120.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Jan. 8, Science Cafe at the Cellar Lounge.
- Jan. 8, “The Music Man” opens at the Manatee Players Theatre.
- Jan. 9, Artists reception at the Artists Guild Gallery.
- Jan. 10, Creative clay class for kids at the Island Art League.
- Jan. 10, Privateer’s Thieves Market at Coquina Beach.
- Jan. 13, Your Place in Space program at the South Florida Museum.
Save the date
- Jan. 17, AME 5k Dolphin Dash.
- Feb. 1, Gloria Dei Lutheran Church 50th Anniversary celebration.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.