Awards, all-stars and weekend tourney culminate season
|Joel Hart rips a shot from 30 yards as Jack Titsworth prepares for impact during Division II soccer action in Holmes Beach.
The Anna Maria Island Community Center's fall soccer season held awards ceremonies on Nov. 2 at the activity hall of St. Bernard Catholic Church. ReMax Gulfstream Realty in Division I, Division II-champ Sun and Autoway Ford in Division III received first-place trophies, while all players in the instructional division received participation awards.
The top three divisions also handed out individual awards including the newly named, Officer Pete Lannon Goalie of the Year Award. The Center decided to honor Holmes Beach Police Officer Lannon for all of his work in the community and at Anna Maria Elementary School as the resource officer. Other awards handed out include the Kenny Randall Sportsmanship Award, the Most Outstanding Female Player Award and the Dennis Granstad Most Valuable Player Award.
Island Family Physicians goalie Kyle Crum won the Officer Pete Lannon Goalie of the Year over finalists Daniel Janisch of LaPensee Plumbing and Danziger keeper Peyton Phillips in Division I. The outstanding female player came down to LaPensee Plumbing midfielder Sarah Howard, Island Family Physician striker Martine Miller and Danziger Destroyer midfielder Ally Titsworth, with Titsworth earning the award. ReMax Gulfstream teammates Carlos Rios and Jordan Sebastiano, along with Island Family Physicians midfielder Brandon Gengler, were the finalists for the Dennis Granstad MVP award won by league scoring-leader Rios.
Division II winner of the Lannon Goalie of the Year was shared by Morgan Stanley keeper Jack Titsworth and Surf Shop goalie Lee Bergeron. Island Real Estate keeper Chris Pate was the other finalist for that award. Pate took home the Kenny Randall Sportsmanship Award over Island Real Estate teammates Daniel Pimental and Max Miller. Surf Shop forward Stephanie Purnell won the outstanding female player award over Savannah Schield of Cannons and Morgan Stanley defender Dayle Hoffman. Morgan Stanley forwards Trevor Bystrom and Jacob Titsworth were finalists, along with league scoring-leader and winner of the Dennis Granstad MVP, Joel Hart of the Sun.
Joey Cucci of Division III champion team Autoway Ford won the Lannon goalie award over Air & Energy keeper Emma Terry and Mike Norman Realty goalie Zoe Piccirillo. And Terry captured the Kenny Randall Sportsmanship Award over finalists Joe Class of Mike Norman Realty and Americo Title forward Henrik Brusso. Mike Norman forward Lexi Moore, Kiley Alderfer of Ooh La La! Bistro and Maddie Valadie of Autoway Ford were the finalists for the Most Outstanding Female Player, which went to Moore. Autoway Ford teammates Neil Carper and Robby Officer joined Blaine Jenefsky of Mr. Bones BBQ as finalists for the Dennis Granstad MVP, which went to Autoway Ford striker Robby Officer.
The Center also announced all-star red and blue teams for the Nov. 12 all-star games, which follow a complete day of soccer action on Nov. 11 in the newly organized Veterans Day Tournament starting at 9 a.m. with games going all day long.
In addition to non-stop soccer action, everyone's welcome to enjoy Italian Ice, hot chili and other culinary delights, in addition to a car wash by the Island Teen Club, all to help support construction of the new community center building.
Congratulations to all of the players, coaches and parents on another great season of soccer.
Division I All-stars
- Red Blue
- Carlos Rios Zach Evans
- Jordan Sebastiano Sarah Howard
- Justin Garcia Daniel Janisch
- Jenna Duval Joey Hutchinson
- Martine Miller Kyle Aritt
- Brandon Gengler Alex Burgess
- Kyle Crum Matt Baver
- Rainia Lardas Blake Rivers
- Darren Phillips Ally Titsworth
- Peyton Phillips Tommy Price
Division II All-stars
- Red Blue
- Joel Hart Chris Pate
- Adam Hart Daniel Pimentel
- Josh Schmidt Julian Butero
- Connor Field Trevor Albers
- Hunter Parrish Trevor Bystrom
- Savanah Schield Mallory Kosfeld
- Nick Papazian Jacob Titsworth
- Max Moneuse Jack Titsworth
- Danny Krokroskia Christian Hightower
- Lee Bergeron Stephanie Purnell
Division III All-stars
- Red Blue
- Neil Carper Emma Terry
- Robby Officer Madison Driscoll
- Joey Cucci Mikey Ellsworth
- Maddy Valadie Kalif Mora
- Jake Parsons Blaine Jenefsky
- Henrik Brusso Keegan Murphy
- Austin Marrow Joey Salinas
- Lexi Moore Zawistoski, Josh
- Morgan Greig Purnell, Samantha
- Joe Class Alderfer, Kiley
Steve Doyle teamed up with Doug Yox to post the only perfect 3-0 record and win the Nov. 1 horseshoe competition at the Anna Maria City Hall pits. Sam Samuels “walked” his way to second place with a bevy of ringers.
Samuels was in the winner's circle on Oct. 27 when he teamed up with Ron Vickers to defeat Ron Pepka and George McKay 21-9 in the finals. Pepka and McKay advanced to the finals by defeating Norm Good 21-5.
Play gets under way at 9 a.m. every Wednesday and Saturday at the Anna Maria City Hall pits. Warmups begin at 8:45 a.m. followed by random team selection. There is no charge to play and everyone is welcome.
AMICC Soccer League Veterans Day Tournament
Date Time Team vs. Team
Division I (ages 12-14)
- Nov. 11 9 a.m. Physicians vs. Harry's
- Nov. 11 9:30 a.m. LaPensee vs. Danziger
- Nov. 11 10 a.m. ReMax vs. 9 a.m. winner
- Nov. 11 11:30 a.m. Championship
Division II (ages 10-11)
- Nov. 11 10:30 a.m. IRE vs. Cannons
- Nov. 11 11:30 a.m. Sun vs. Cannons
- Nov. 11 11 a.m. M. Stanley vs. Surf Shop
- Nov. 11 1 p.m. 10:30 winner vs. Sun
- Nov. 11 2:30 p.m. Championship
Division III (ages 8-9)
- Nov. 11 Noon Ooh La La vs. M. Norman
- Nov. 11 12:30 p.m. Bones vs. Americo
- Nov. 11 1:30 p.m. Noon winner vs. A&E
- Nov. 11 2 p.m. 12:30 winner game vs. Autoway
- Nov. 11 3 p.m. Championship
Instructional League (ages 6-7) Tournament
- Nov. 11 11 a.m. Blue vs. Red
- Nov. 11 11 a.m. White vs. Green
- Nov. 11 12:30 p.m. Championship game
- Nov. 11 2:30 p.m. Blue vs. Red
- Nov. 12 12:30 p.m. Div. I Blue vs. Red
- Nov. 12 1:30 p.m. Div. II Blue vs. Red
- Nov. 12 2:30 p.m. Div. III Blue vs. Red
- Nov. 12 3:30 p.m. CoachesBlue vs. Red