Wednesday, Oct. 15
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Job fair sponsored by the Manatee Chamber of Commerce at the Manatee Civic Center, One Haben Blvd., Palmetto.
Thursday, Oct. 16
9 a.m. to 7 p.m. — “Pilates for Pink” classes at Balance Pilates and Yoga Center, 7463 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-773-6168. Proceeds benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Kathy Wright demonstrates her plein-air painting technique at the Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1906. Fee applies.
2 p.m. — Movie at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
Friday, Oct. 17
Today is a Hurricane make-up day in Manatee County with all public schools in session.
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Magic Tricks and Circus Acts kids program at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131 ext. 11. Fee applies.
6:30 p.m. — Family night featuring “SpongeBob SquarePants: The Movie” at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
Saturday, Oct. 18
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. — Plant and antique sale at Palma Sola Botanical Park, 9800 17th Ave. N.W., Bradenton. Information: 941-761-2866.
8:30 a.m. — The Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island present “How to Solar Power Your Home” with guest Tom Stockebrand at a breakfast meeting at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-795-8697.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Bridge Street Market featuring music, food and shopping on Bridge Street, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-518-4431.
10 a.m. to 10 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce “Bayfest” on Pine Avenue in Anna Maria. Information: 941-779-9412 or 941-761-4766.
10 a.m. to 11 a.m. — Mommy and Me at Mote “Water Wings” program for ages 2 to 5 (accompanied by an adult) at Mote Marine Laboratory, 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 941-388-4441. Fee applies.
8 p.m. — Teatro Latino: an evening of music and dance at the Riverfront Theatre, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton. Information: 941-748-5875. Fee applies.
Sunday, Oct. 19
1 to 7 p.m. — “Paws for Independence” featuring music, food and raffles at American Legion Post 24, 2000 75th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-776-5843. Fee applies. Proceeds benefit Southeastern Guide Dogs.
Monday, Oct. 20
Today is a training day for public school educators and there are no classes for students.
6 to 7:30 p.m. — Put the fun back into parenting workshop at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Childcare available. Information: 941-778-1908. Fee applies.
Noon — The Anna Maria Island Democratic Club presents “The Change We Need” with guest speaker Waldo Proffit, Sarasota Herald-Tribune columnist, at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 778-9287. Reservations. Fee applies.
Tuesday, Oct. 21
Noon: The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meets for lunch and a program at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee. Information: 941-778-1880.
6:30 p.m. — Twilight Halloween party for teens at the Central Library, 1301 Barcarrota Blvd. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-748-5555.
6:45 p.m. – The Federation of Manatee County Community Associations meeting with guest speaker John Chappie, Manatee County commissioner elect, at the Central Library, 1301 Barcarrota Blvd., Bradenton. Information: 941-792-5477.
Wednesday, Oct. 22
5 to 7 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business-card exchange at Island Players Playhouse, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
- Faculty exhibit at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach, through Nov. 7. Information: 941-778-2099.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Oct. 25, Anna Maria Elementary School Fall Festival and costume parade.
- Oct. 25, Hawaiian shirt party at the Drift-In.
- Oct. 26, Outdoor Kayak Festival.
Save the date
- Oct. 31, Trail of Treats.
- Oct. 31, Sandpiper Mobile Home park family fun party.
- Oct. 31, Koko Ray & Soul Providers Halloween bash.
- Nov. 1, Sarasota Blues Festival, www.sarasotabluesfest.com.
- Nov. 2, Anna Maria Elementary 1950s student reunion picnic.
- Nov. 8-9, Discover Egmont Key.
- Nov. 14-16, “artsHOP” takes place at various venues on the Island. Information: 941-778-2099.
- Nov. 15, Cortez Folk Festival at the Maritime Museum, Cortez.
- Nov. 15, Anna Maria Island Community Center “Concert on the Green.”
- Nov. 16, Anna Maria Island Community Chorus and Orchestra “Fall Welcome” concert. Tickets on sale, www.amicco.org.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.