Wednesday, Sept. 24
5 to 7 p.m. - Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business card exchange at Beach Fitness, 9908 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 778-1541. Fee applies.
5:30 p.m. - Teen movie and “Books Unbound” craft night at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
Friday, Sept. 26
4 to 8 p.m. - Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island Food-Raiser to benefit Manatee County Food Bank at the Publix Super Market, 3900 E. Bay Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1880.
Saturday, Sept. 27
Celebrate National Estuaries Day.
8:30 a.m. - The Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts a breakfast meeting with guest speaker Ava Ehde of the Island Branch Library at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-795-8697.
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. - “Before-the-bridge-closes” rummage sale at St. Bernard Catholic Church, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-4769.
9 a.m. to 9 p.m. - Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island Food-Raiser to benefit Manatee County Food Bank at the Publix Super Market, 3900 E. Bay Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1880.
7:30 p.m. - Manatee Players present “Steel Magnolias” at the Riverfront Theatre, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton. Information: 941-748-5875. Fee applies.
Sunday, Sept. 28
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island Food-Raiser to benefit Manatee County Food Bank at the Publix Super Market, 3900 E. Bay Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1880.
9:30 a.m. - Hero’s celebration at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1813.
10:30 a.m. -Shiprek Anna Maria Island Privateers Poker Run starts at Peggy’s Corral, 4511 U.S. Highway 41 N., Palmetto. Information: 941-720-0426.
Monday, Sept. 29
Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown.
11:30 a.m. - Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing at the Bradenton Country Club, 4646 Ninth Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
Tuesday, Sept. 30
Noon: The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meets for lunch and a program, “Landscaping with Native Plants, Trees and Shrubs” with Tom Heitzman of the Florida Native Plant Society, at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee. Information: 941-778-1880.
Wednesday, Oct. 1
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce luncheon with guest speaker Christine Jennings, Democratic congressional candidate, at the Sun House Restaurant, 111 Gulf Drive S., Bradenton Beach. Information: 778-1541. Fee applies; limited seating.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Oct. 3, “Speed Racer” film at the Anna Maria Island Community Center.
- Oct. 4, Bay Wise kayak tour departs from Palma Sola Bay.
- Oct. 5, skim board competition at the BeachHouse Restaurant.
- Oct. 6, deadline to register to vote in the Nov. 4 election.
- Oct. 8, Yom Kippur begins.
Save the date
- Oct. 18, Island Bayfest, Pine Avenue in Anna Maria.
- Oct. 25, Anna Maria Elementary School costume parade and Fall Festival.
- Oct. 31, Trail of Treats.
- Nov. 1, Sarasota Blues Festival, www.sarasotabluesfest.com.
- Nov. 2, Anna Maria Elementary 1950s student reunion picnic.
- Nov. 8-9, Discover Egmont Key.
- Nov. 14-16, “artsHOP” takes place at various venues on the Island. Information: 941-778-2099.
- Nov. 15, village of Cortez Folk Festival.
- Nov. 15, Anna Maria Island Community Center “Concert on the Green.”
- Nov. 16, Anna Maria Island Community Chorus and Orchestra “Fall Welcome” concert. Tickets on sale, www.amicco.org.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.