Wednesday, Sept. 9
7:45 to 9 a.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce sunrise breakfast at Best Western, 2215 Cortez Road, Bradenton. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
Thursday, Sept. 10
7 p.m. — Sarasota Shell Club meeting at Mote Marine Aquarium, 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 941-492-5296.
Friday, Sept. 11
2 p.m. — Family caregiver support group at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-748-3001.
6:30 p.m. — Film presentation of “Marley & Me” at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave. Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
7p.m. to midnight — “Tribute to Heroes Bash” featuring music by Dr. Dave at the Sarasota-Bradenton International Convention Center, 8005 15th St. E., Sarasota. Information: 941-355-9161. Fee applies.
Monday, Sept. 14
7 p.m. — Auditions for “Nunsense” at Manatee Players, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton. Information: 941-748-5875.
Tuesday, Sept. 15
5 to 8 p.m. — Longboat Key/Lido Key/St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce “Business After Hours” featuring a contest for most creative flip-flops at the Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel, 1540 Ben Franklin Drive, Sarasota. Information: 941-383-2466. Fee applies.
Wednesday, Sept. 16
7 to 9 p.m. — “Hey, It’s Just a Theory” Evolution 101 discussion at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131. Fee applies.
• First Monday of each month, 6:30 p.m., Artists Guild of Anna Maria at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• Tuesdays, noon, Anna Maria Island Rotary Club meeting at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-794-8044.
• The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
• Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Anna Maria Island Kiwanis Club meets at Cafe on the Beach at the Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• Sept. 18, Reels at Rossi Park presents “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
• Sept. 19, The Manatee Players Ladies Day Out at IMG Academies Golf and Country Club.
• Sept. 19, Gulf Coast Talent & Film Expo at the Manatee Convention Center.
• Sept. 19, The Ya’ll Ball at South Florida Museum.
• Sept. 19, Wagon tours through Robinson Preserve.
Save the date:
• Sept. 27, Anna Maria Island Privateers “Shipreck Poker Run and Bike Show.”
• Sept. 28, Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce golf outing at Bradenton Country Club.
• Oct. 2, Anna Maria Island Rotary Club “A Touch of Tuscany” classical music concert.
• Oct. 3, Coastal cleanup.
• Oct. 8, 61st season opens at Island Players.
• Oct. 9, Anna Maria Island Community Center golf outing at IMG Academies Golf and Country Club.
• Oct. 16-17, Anna Maria Island Bayfest.
• Oct. 23, Goblin Gathering at G.T. Bray Park.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.