Wednesday, Aug. 31
8 to 9 a.m. - "Good Morning Longboat Key" breakfast and blood drive at the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce, 6960 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 387-9519.
Thursday, Sept. 1
8 p.m. - Opening night of "Pippin" at the Manatee Players Riverfront Theatre, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton. Information: 748-5875. Fee applies.
Saturday, Sept. 3
7:30 a.m. - Felts Audubon Preserve at 4600 24th Ave. E., Palmetto, will be open. Information: 737-3169.
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club meeting at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Noon to 7 p.m. - Blood drive at the Sandbar Restaurant, 100 Spring Ave., Anna Maria and the BeachHouse Restaurant, 100 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach.
Tuesday, Sept. 6
9 to 10:15 a.m. - Sketch class with Susie Cotton at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 778-1908. Fee applies.
Noon - Anna Maria Island Rotary Club meeting at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach.
Wednesday, Sept. 7
7 to 8 a.m. - Pier Regulars meeting at the Anna Maria City Pier, 100 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Information: 778-7062.
9 to 10 a.m. - Jazzercise with Barbara Manson at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 778-1908. Fee applies.
9:30 a.m. to noon - Sewing group at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 778-1908. Fee applies.
5:30 p.m. - Teen program with skateboarder Art Harris at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-6341.
- "Pippin" at the Manatee Players Riverfront Theatre, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton, through Sept. 18. Information: 748-5875. Fee applies.
- Mammoth fossils unearthed at Palma Sola Trace on display at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 746-4131. Fee applies.
- Sierra Club presents "Sustainable Aquaculture" lecture at Phillippi Creek Estate, Sarasota, Sept. 8.
- Christian Surfers present "Noah’s Ark" at Holmes Beach City Hall Sept. 10.
- Safe boating, the "ABC Course," at the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 81 Sept. 10.
- Family origami at the Island Branch Library Sept. 10.
- Gulf Coast Writers meeting at the Island Branch Library Sept. 12.
- Blood drive at Fantasy Travel Sept. 12.
- Yoga at the Anna Maria Island Community Center Sept. 12.
- "Generations in Your Work Place" seminar at the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce Sept. 14.
Save the Date:
- Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce golf outing at El Conquistador Country Club Sept. 23.
- "Startoberfest" Sarasota Pops Orchestra featuring the Sarasota Brass Quintet at the South Florida Museum Oct. 2.
- All Island Denominations dinner and dance at St. Bernard Catholic Church Oct. 6.
- Island Players present "The Foreigner" Oct. 6-16.
- Passage Key’s 100th Anniversary Oct. 10.
- Island Bayfest Oct. 15.
- Tri-chamber business after hours event at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center Oct. 20.
- Anna Maria Elementary School Fall Festival and Parade Oct. 29.
- Trail of Treats Oct. 31