Wednesday, Aug. 24
5 to 7 p.m. - Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce "Luau theme" business card exchange at First National Bank & Trust, 5324 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-1541.
Saturday, Aug. 27
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club meeting at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
5 to 9 p.m. - O'Connor-Islander Bowling Challenge at AMF Bradenton Lanes, 4208 Cortez Road, Bradenton. Information: 778-1908. Fee applies.
8 to 11 p.m. - "Do Ya Do Ya Do Ya Wanna Dance?" at the Bradenton Woman's Club, 1705 Manatee Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 773-0177. Fee applies.
Tuesday, Aug. 30
Noon - Anna Maria Island Rotary Club meeting at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach.
Wednesday, Aug. 31
8 to 9 a.m. - "Good Morning Longboat Key" breakfast and blood drive at the Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce, 6960 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 387-9519.
- Susan Oberender stained-glass exhibit at Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, through Aug. 31. Information: 787-6648.
- Mammoth fossils unearthed at Palma Sola Trace on display at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 746-4131. Fee applies.
- "Pippin" at the Riverfront Theatre Sept. 1.
- Blood drive at the Sandbar and BeachHouse restaurants Sept. 3.
- Pier regulars meeting at the Anna Maria City Pier Sept. 7.
- Jazzercise at the Anna Maria Island Community Center Sept. 7.
Save the Date:
- Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce golf outing at El Conquistador Country Club Sept. 23.
- "Startoberfest" Sarasota Pops Orchestra featuring the Sarasota Brass Quintet at the South Florida Museum Oct. 2.
- AID dinner and dance at St. Bernard Catholic Church Oct. 6.
- Island Players present "The Foreigner" Oct. 6-16.
- Passage Key's 100th Anniversary Oct. 10.
- Island Bayfest Oct. 15.
- Tri-chamber business after hours event at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center Oct. 20.
- Anna Maria Elementary School Fall Festival and Parade Oct. 29.
- Trail of Treats Oct. 31