Wednesday, July 29
9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. — Wagon tours through Robinson Preserve, 1704 99th St. N.W., Bradenton. Information: 941-748-4501. Fee applies.
2 p.m. — Landscape photography presentation with James Corwin Johnson at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
Thursday, July 30
10 a.m. — Giving Tree drum circle at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
7 p.m. — American Music Film Series presents “Standing in the Shadows of Motown” at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131. Fee applies.
Wednesday, Aug. 5
1:15 p.m. — Gulf Coast Writers meets at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-7631.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Wednesdays, 7 a.m., Anna Maria Island Turtle Watch hosts the public on tour to a turtle nest with a nesting process discussion. Group meets at Manatee Public Beach near the grills.
- Wednesdays, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- Fridays, 9 a.m., Senior social hour program at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
- Aug. 6, American Music Film Series presents Leonard Cohen: I’m Your Man at South Florida Museum.
- Aug. 7, Finding Nemo at the Anna Maria Island Community Center.
- Aug. 8, Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce 60th Anniversary celebration at St. Bernard Catholic Church.
Save the date:
- Aug. 20, Back-to-School night at Anna Maria Elementary.
- Sept. 28, Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce golf outing at Bradenton Country Club.
- Oct. 2, Anna Maria Island Rotary Club “Taste of Tuscany” classical music concert.
- Oct. 8, 61st season begins at Island Players.
- Oct. 9, Anna Maria Island Community Center golf outing at IMG Academies Golf and Country Club.
- Oct. 17, Anna Maria Island Bayfest.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.