Wednesday, July 26
8 to 9 a.m. - Longboat-Lido-St. Armand Keys Chamber of Commerce "Wake Up and Smell the Coffee" at the chamber office, 6960 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 383-2466.
5 to 7 p.m. - Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business card exchange at Re/Max Gulfstream, 401 Manatee Ave., Holmes Beach. Information: 779-9412.
5:30 p.m. - Open mic writer’s night and award reception for teens at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-6341.
Thursday, July 27
2 to 4 p.m. - "Stories by the Sea" at Mote Marine Aquarium, 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 388-4441. Fee applies.
Saturday, July 29
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club meeting at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Tuesday, Aug. 1
Noon - Anna Maria Island Rotary Club meeting with guest speaker Ginger White of the Anna Maria Island Art League at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 350-4326.
Wednesday, Aug. 2
7 to 8 a.m. - Pier Regulars meeting at the Anna Maria City Pier, 100 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Information: 778-7062.
- "Yellow tag sale" at the Artist’s Guild Gallery, 5413 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, though July 30. Information: 778-6694.
- "The Art of Uncle Monday" exhibit at South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton, through Aug. 20. Information: 746-4131. Fee applies.
- Gulf Coast Writers at the Island Branch Library Aug. 7.
- Friends Book Club at the Island Branch Library Aug. 9.
Save the Date:
- Murder-Mystery Dinner Theater at Manatee Players Aug. 11-19.
- Mermaids and Manatees at Mote Marine Aquarium Saturdays in August.
- O’Connor/Islander Bowling Challenge Aug. 26