Wednesday, May 3
7 to 8 a.m. - Pier Regulars meeting at the Anna Maria City Pier, 100 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Information: 778-7062.
6 to 9 p.m. - "Boat Smart" class at the Anna Maria Island Power Squadron, 1200 71st St. N.W., Bradenton. Information: 714-0449. Fee applies.
Thursday, May 4
11 a.m. - National Day of Prayer sponsored by All Island Denominations at the Anna Maria Island Butterfly Garden, 5801 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-4579.
6:30 to 10 p.m. - "In Living Color" still life in motion fashion event to benefit SPARCC and Women's Resource Center at the Colony Beach and Tennis Resort, 1620 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 383-7576. Fee applies.
Friday, May 5
Noon - Church Women United Friendship Day lunch at Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 778-2069. Fee applies.
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. - Artists reception for the Manatee High School Student Exhibit at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach.
Saturday, May 6
7:30 a.m. to noon - Nature walk at the Manatee County Audubon Society Felts Preserve, 4600 24th Ave. E., Palmetto. Information: 737-3169.
8 a.m. - Chiles Group employee American Cancer Society Relay for Life fundraising yard sale at 7519 First Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 580-2995.
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club meeting with speaker Ed Etheridge, presenting "Keeping Sharp," at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
9:30 to 11:30 a.m. - REAL Women's ministry spring brunch featuring author and vocalist Katrina Kaiser at the Island Baptist Church, 8605 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 778-0719.
10:30 a.m. - Save Anna Maria Inc. business and planning meeting at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-2549.
Sunday, May 7
7:30 p.m. - "Quartet" play auditions at Island Players, Gulf Drive and Pine Avenue, Anna Maria. Information: 724-0896.
Monday, May 8
11:30 a.m. - Democratic Women's Club lunch with guest speaker Sandy Osterich, Equal Rights Amendment Florida Committee, at the Holiday Inn Riverfront in downtown Bradenton. Information: 795-7608. Fee applies.
7:30 p.m. - Anna Maria Island Historical Society installation of officers at Belle Haven Cottage, 402 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 778-0173.
Tuesday, May 9
Noon - Anna Maria Island Rotary Club lunch with guest speaker from Children's Academy of Southwest Florida at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 713-0042.
Wednesday, May 10
8 p.m. - Democratic Women's Club Vaudeville Follies fundraiser at the Riverfront Theatre, 201 Old Main Street, Bradenton. Information: 758-4610. Fee applies.
- Hand-built pottery exhibit by Ginny Eitman at the Artists Guild Gallery, 5413 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, through May 5.
- Cancer prevention and survival cooking class at Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria, through May 20. Information: 778-1908.
- Manatee High School Student Exhibit at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach, through May 26.
- Art exhibit by Midge Pippel at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, through May 31.
- "The New World in the Eyes of Explorers" at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton, through June 4. Information: 746-4131. Fee applies.
- Stephen Sondheim's Follies at the Riverfront Theatre May 11-28.
- "Dinner and a Movie" at Island Baptist Church May 12.
- "Pirates of AME" Spring Fling at St. Bernard Catholic Church May 13.
- "Rescue Rehab & Release" family program at Mote Marine Laboratory May 13.
- Family origami class at Island Branch Library May 13.
Save the Date:
- "Mixed Emotions" at the Island Players May 18-28.
- Armed Forces Day celebration at American Legion Post 24 May 20.
- Snooks Adams Kids Day with the Anna Maria Island Privateers at Bayfront Park May 20.
- Skate competition at Holmes Beach Skate Park May 20.
- Islandwide Blood Drive June 10-11