Wednesday, April 19
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. - Kindergarten registration and immunization van at Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 708-5525.
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Longboat-Lido-St. Armand Keys Chamber of Commerce "Nooner" at the Sun House Restaurant, 111 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. Information: 383-2466. Fee applies.
Noon - Anna Maria Garden Club lunch and installation of new officers at Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 778-0523.
Thursday, April 20
7 p.m. - Opening night of "South Pacific" at Manatee School for the Arts, 700 Haben Blvd., Palmetto. Information: 721-6800. Fee applies.
Friday, April 21
1 to 2 p.m. - Caregiver support group meeting at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 747-4655.
5 to 7 p.m. - Artist reception for "The Art of Motion" at the Longboat Key Center for the Arts, 6860 Longboat Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 383-2345.
7 p.m. - "South Pacific" at Manatee School for the Arts, 700 Haben Blvd., Palmetto. Information: 721-6800. Fee applies.
Saturday, April 22
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club meeting with guest speaker Ann Jones, a dietician, at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
9 a.m. to noon - Keep Manatee Beautiful Great American Cleanup, check-in points at Cortez FISH Preserve, 11601 Cortez Road W.; BeachHouse Restaurant parking lot, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach; Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive; Kingfish Boat Ramp, Manatee Avenue, Holmes Beach; Palma Sola Causeway north-side pavilions on Manatee Avenue. Information: 745-1350.
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Earth Day celebration at Felts Audubon Preserve, Experimental Farm Road and 24th Avenue East, Palmetto. Information: 737-3169 or 894-0374.
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Gentle Spirit Revival retreat at Island Baptist Church, 8605 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 723-2842.
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - DeSoto Heritage Festival bottle-boat regatta at the south side of Palma Sola Causeway, Manatee Avenue. Information: 747-1998.
2 p.m. and 7 p.m. - "South Pacific" at Manatee School for the Arts, 700 Haben Blvd., Palmetto. Information: 721-6800. Fee applies.
Sunday, April 23
5:30 to 7 p.m. - Jazz pianist Dick Hyman headlines the "Jazz Event to Remember" at Neel Performing Arts Center, Manatee Community College, 26th Street and 60th Avenue West, Bradenton. Information: 752-5252. Fee applies.
Monday, April 24
9 a.m. - Widowed persons support group at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Manatee Ave., Holmes Beach. Information: 778-1908.
Tuesday, April 25
8:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. - The "ABC" Safe Boating course at the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, 5801 33rd Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 795-6189.
9:30 to 10:30 a.m. - Questions about Medicare Part-D enrollment answered by Michael Vejins at the Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce, 5313 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-1541.
Noon - Anna Maria Island Rotary Club lunch at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 713-0042.
Wednesday, April 26
8 to 9 a.m. - "Good Morning Longboat Key" at the Longboat Key Chamber office, 6960 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 383-2466.
6 to 9 p.m. - Leon Merian and his quintet benefit concert and social at the Palma Sola Botanical Park, 9800 17th Ave. N.W., Bradenton. Proceeds benefit the park. Information: 714-7907. Fee applies.
- "Celebrate the Earth, Celebrate the Sea" Earth Week events at Mote Marine Aquarium, 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota, through April 23. Information: 388-4441. Fee applies.
- Islander/fiber artist Cyndy Custis celebrates 30 years of weaving with a display at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, through April 30. Information: 779-9118.
- "Spring Has Arrived" exhibit by Ann Terhardt at All Angels Episcopal Church By the Sea, 563 Bay Isles Road, Longboat Key, through April 30. Information: 751-0266.
- Hand-built pottery exhibit by Ginny Eitman at the Artists Guild Gallery, 5413 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, through May 5.
- Cancer prevention and survival cooking class at Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria, through May 20. Information: 778-1908.
- "The New World in the Eyes of Explorers" at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton, through June 4. Information: 746-4131. Fee applies.
- Longboat-Lido-St. Armands Keys Chamber of Commerce "Molar Gras" at Dr. Robert Gordon’s dental office April 27.
- Mystery writers series at Mote Marine Laboratory April 27.
- De Soto Ball at Bradenton Municipal Auditorium April 28.
- Affaire to Remember at St. Bernard Catholic Church April 29.
- De Soto 5K run on Manatee Avenue April 29.
- De Soto grand parade down Manatee Avenue April 29.
- Manatee River Garden Club Garden Tour and Horticulture Exhibit April 29.
- Florida Brass Quintet at First United Methodist Church April 30