Wednesday, Aug. 11
7:45 to 9 a.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce sunrise breakfast at the Gathering Place, 101 Seventh St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies; reservation required.
Friday, Aug. 13
7 p.m. — “There Is No ‘I’ in Bully” performance by the Anna Maria Island Community Center Drama Camp participants at the Island Players, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
Saturday, Aug. 14
7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Island team “Rack Pack” yard-sale fundraiser for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Cancer Walk, 526 56th St., Holmes Beach. Information: 941-779-0967.
9 a.m. — Children’s fishing class at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
9:30 a.m. to noon — Family origami at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
8 to 11 p.m. — Sizzling Summer Dance featuring entertainment by Mike Sales at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
Sunday, Aug. 15
8 a.m. to noon — Blood drive at St. Bernard Catholic Church, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 813-903-2600.
Monday, Aug. 16
Noon — Teacher-classroom assignments posted at Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Tuesday, Aug. 17
Noon — Wendy Webb discusses hurricane preparedness at the Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meeting at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-962-7785.
6 p.m. — Opera on the Island DVD viewing and discussion at The Studio at Gulf and Pine, 10101 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-359-4296.
• First Monday of each month, 6 p.m., Artists Guild of Anna Maria at the Sun House Restaurant, 111 Gulf Drive S., Bradenton Beach.
• The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee applies. Information: 941-794-3390.
• Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• Alternating Wednesdays, 11 a.m., memory loss support group at the Longboat Island Chapel Aging in Paradise Resource Center, 6200 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-6491.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Fridays, 11 a.m., Over 39ers group meets at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1813.
• Fridays, Senior Adventures Group meets for outings to various locations throughout the summer. Information: 941-962-8835.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island meets at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, Holmes Beach.
Wednesday, Aug. 11
10 a.m. — Free Family Film Festival featuring “Arctic Tale” and “Planet 51” at Oakmont 8, 4801 Cortez Road, Bradenton. Information: 941-795-4106.
Thursday, Aug. 12
7 p.m. — Life on Earth Film Series: “Aliens of the Deep” at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-746-4131. Fee applies.
• Aug. 19, Life On Earth Film Series presents “Microcosmos,” South Florida Museum.
• Aug. 20, “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” film, Anna Maria Island Community Center.
• Aug. 21, Third annual Sarasota Bay Watch Scallop Search, Mar Vista Dockside Restaurant.
• Aug. 21, Women’s Equity Day luncheon, The Polo Grill.
• Aug. 25, Einstein Circle Discussion Group, The Studio at Gulf and Pine.
• Aug. 25, Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business card exchange, Whitney Bank.
Save the Date:
• Aug. 28, 20th annual O’Connor Bowling Challenge, AMF Bradenton Lanes.
• Sept. 27, Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce Golf Outing, Bradenton Country Club.
• Oct. 8, Anna Maria Island Community Center Golf Outing, IMG Golf and Country Club.
• Oct. 7, “Ladies of the Camellias” season opening, Island Players.
• Oct. 15-16, Bayfest.
• Nov. 12-14, ArtsHop.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.