Wednesday, Dec. 24
6 p.m. — Gospel concert featuring Greg Buchanan at CrossPointe Fellowship, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-7845.
Thursday, Dec. 25
Today is Christmas.
Friday, Dec. 26
Kwanzaa begins today.
Saturday, Dec. 27
8:30 a.m. — The Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts a breakfast meeting with guest Scott Pardue, superintendent of the De Soto National Memorial Park, at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-795-8697.
8:30 a.m. — Yoga on the beach at the Pine Avenue public beach access in Anna Maria. Information: 941-794-6723.
Tuesday, Dec. 30
Noon: The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meets for lunch at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee. Information: 941-778-1880.
7 to 8:30 p.m. — “Shortcuts in Windows” computer class at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908. Fee applies.
Wednesday, Dec. 31
Today is New Year’s Eve.
8 p.m. to 1 a.m. — New Year’s Eve Celebration Black Tie (optional) Party at Mattison’s Riverside, 1200 First Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-748-8087. Fee applies.
9 p.m. — New Year’s Eve Extravaganza with music by DJ Chuck C at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-2222. Fee applies.
Midnight — Fireworks at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-779-2222.
- “Birds of the FISH Preserve” photograph exhibit at the Florida Maritime Museum, 4415 119th St. W., Cortez, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday, through Jan. 12. Information: 941-708-6120.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Jan. 3, BayWise kayak tour of Otter Key.
- Jan. 3, New Year ritual yoga workshop at Island Yoga Space.
- Jan. 3, Night at the Museum: Your Body is a Universe at South Florida Museum.
- Jan. 5, black-and-white photography course at the Anna Maria Island Art League.
- Jan. 5, “Interior Redesign and Trends” at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation.
- Jan. 6, Juried Open Aqueous and Signature show at The Studio at Gulf and Pine.
- Jan. 6, Manatee Public School resumes.
Save the date
- Jan. 17, AME 5k Dolphin Dash.
- Feb. 1, Gloria Dei Lutheran Church 50th Anniversary celebration.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.