Wednesday, Dec. 17
3:30 p.m. — Save Anna Maria Island Inc. dedication ceremony honoring Melody Kramer, SAM founder, at the Anna Maria Island Butterfly Park, 5801 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-518-4431 or 941-778-2549.
5:30 p.m. — Holiday movie and craft project for teens at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
6:15 p.m. — Soup Supper at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Ticket information: 941-778-1813.
7 p.m. — Holden evening prayer at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 6608 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-1813.
Thursday, Dec. 18
10:15 a.m. —Friends of the Island Branch Library book club discussion on “The Last Days of Dogtown” at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive. Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-4669.
Saturday, Dec. 20
8:30 a.m. — The Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts a breakfast meeting with guest speaker Sissy Quinn, executive administrator of the Anna Maria Island Historical Society, at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-795-8697.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. — The Islander, 5404 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, hosts the Where’s Woody Art Yard Sale.
9 a.m. to noon — Pier Regulars Christmas party at the Anna Maria City Pier, 100 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Bridge Street Market featuring music, food and shopping at 107 Bridge Street, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-518-4431.
Sunday, Dec. 21
Winter begins today.
Hanukkah begins at sundown.
2 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Community Choir and Orchestra “Season of Joy” concert at Crosspointe Fellowship, 8605 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-8585. Fee applies.
Monday, Dec. 22
Manatee public schools close for the winter break. Classes resume Jan. 6.
Tuesday, Dec. 23
Noon: The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meets for lunch at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee. Information: 941-778-1880.
Wednesday, Dec. 24
6 p.m. — Gospel concert featuring Greg Buchanan at Crosspointe Fellowship, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-7845.
- “Birds of the FISH Preserve” photograph exhibit at the Florida Maritime Museum, 4415 119th St. W., Cortez, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Tuesday-Saturday, through Jan. 12. Information: 941-708-6120.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Dec. 27, Kiwanis meeting with guest Scott Pardue.
- Dec. 30, Rotary Club meeting at the BeachHouse Restaurant.
- Jan. 3, Bay Wise kayak tour of Otter Key.
- Jan. 3, New Year ritual yoga workshop at Island Yoga Space.
Save the date
- Jan. 6, Juried Open Aqueous and Signature show at The Studio at Gulf and Pine.
- Jan. 17, AME 5k Dolphin Dash.
- Feb. 1, Gloria Dei Lutheran Church 50th Anniversary celebration.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.