Wednesday, Dec. 16
Noon — Anna Maria Elementary School students entertain at the Anna Maria Island Garden Club meeting held at Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-2809.
Saturday, Dec. 19
9 a.m. — Pier Regulars holiday party at the Anna Maria City Pier Restaurant, 100 S. Bay Blvd., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-7062.
9 a.m. — Bay Wise kayak eco-tours with Jack Taylor to Neal Preserve departs from the west side of Manatee Avenue just east of the Anna Maria Island Bridge. Information: 941-955-8085.
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Plant and bake sale at the Anna Maria Island Moose Lodge, 110 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-5630.
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Open-air Bridge Street Market, 107 Bridge St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-518-4431.
10 a.m. to noon — Learn CPR at the West Manatee Fire and Rescue Station No. 1, 6001 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-741-3900. Fee applies.
10 a.m. to noon — Children’s brunch with Santa at the Anna Maria Island Moose Lodge, 110 Gulf Drive, Bradenton Beach. Registration: 941-778-5630.
4 to 8 p.m. — Holiday open house centered around Bridge Street and the Historic Bridge Street Pier, Bradenton Beach.
Sunday, Dec. 20
2 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Community Chorus and Orchestra presents “An Island Christmas” at Crosspointe Fellowship, 8605 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-727-9886. Fee applies.
• First Monday of each month, 6:30 p.m., Artists Guild of Anna Maria at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
• Wednesdays, 6 to 8 p.m., teens meet at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908.
• The third Wednesday of each month, noon, the Anna Maria Island Garden Club meets at Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria, through April. Information: 941-778-2809.
• Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
• Saturdays, 8:30 a.m., Anna Maria Island Kiwanis Club meets at Cafe on the Beach at the Manatee Public Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
• Artists Guild Gallery Holiday Boutique at the Sun House Restaurant, 111 Gulf Drive S., Bradenton Beach, through Dec. 24. Information: 941-795-7805.
OFF ISLAND EVENTS:
Wednesday, Dec. 16
7 p.m. — Tim Zimmerman and the Kings Brass in concert at Kirkwood Presbyterian Church, 6101 Cortez Road W., Bradenton. Information: 941-794-6229. Fee applies.
Thursday, Dec. 17
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Longboat Key/Lido Key/St. Armand Key Chamber of Commerce brown bag lunch at Save Our Seabirds, 1708 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 941-383-2466.
Saturday, Dec. 19
7 p.m. — Bootleg “Season” CD-release party at State Theatre, 687 Central Ave., St. Petersburg. Information: 941-727-895-3045. Fee applies.
• Dec. 29, Manatee Audubon Society Christmas bird count.
• Dec. 29, Wagon tour through Robinson Preserve.
Save the date:
• Dec. 31, New Year’s Eve fireworks at BeachHouse.
• Jan. 1, Shamrock Shiver Coquina Beach Swim sponsored by Clancy’s Irish Pub.
• Jan. 14-24, Manatee County Fair.
• Feb. 10, Anna Maria Garden Club Antique Appraisal Affair.
AME school calendar
• Dec. 16, Fire drill.
• Dec. 19-Jan. 4, winter break.
For more information, call the school office at 941-708-5525. AME is at 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.