Wednesday, Oct. 22
5 to 7 p.m. — Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce business card exchange at the Island Players, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1541. Fee applies.
Thursday, Oct. 23
8:30 a.m. — Internet class at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. — Flu shots at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 941-778-1908. Identification and for those qualified, Medicare Part B card required. Fee applies.
2 p.m. — Travel movie at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
Friday, Oct. 24
6:30 to 9:30 p.m. — Goblin Gathering, featuring face painting, hay rides, bounce houses, treats and costume contest at G.T. Bray Park, 5503 33rd Ave. Drive W., Bradenton. Information: 941-742-5974 ext. 6036.
Saturday, Oct. 25
8:30 a.m. — The Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts guest speaker Dantia Gould of Cultural Connections of AMI at a breakfast meeting at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-795-8697.
10 a.m. — Anna Maria Elementary School student costume contest and parade departs from the Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce, 5313 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-708-5525.
11 a.m. to 3 p.m. — Fall festival at Anna Maria Elementary School, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-708-5525.
1 to 8 p.m. — Hawaiian-shirt party at the Drift In, 120 Bridge St., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-8565.
Sunday, Oct. 26
9 a.m. — Outdoor Kayak Festival at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-7757.
Tuesday, Oct. 28
8 to 9 a.m. — “Business @ Breakfast” networking at the Longboat Key-Lido Key-St. Armands Key Chamber of Commerce office, 5570 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-2466.
Noon: The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meets for lunch and a program at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee. Information: 941-778-1880.
7 to 8:30 p.m. — Photoshop Elements computer course at the Anna Maria Island Community Center, 407 Magnolia Ave., Anna Maria, through Nov. 11. Information: 941-778-7908. Fee applies.
Wednesday, Oct. 29
6 p.m. — Sword-fighting demonstration by Paul Stonebridge and His Knights at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6341.
- Faculty exhibit at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach, through Nov. 7. Information: 941-778-2099.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Oct. 31, Anna Maria Chamber of Commerce Trail of Treats.
- Oct. 31, Creepy Crawly Critter Costume Contest and Corral on the Trail of Treats at The Islander newspaper.
- Oct. 31, Sandpiper Mobile Home park family fun party.
- Oct. 31, Koko Ray & Soul Providers Halloween bash.
- Nov. 1, Sarasota Blues Festival, www.sarasotabluesfest.com.
- Nov. 2, Anna Maria Elementary 1950s student reunion picnic.
Save the date
- Nov. 8-9, Discover Egmont Key.
- Nov. 14-16, “artsHOP” takes place at various venues on the Island. Information: 941-778-2099.
- Nov. 15, Cortez Folk Festival at the Maritime Museum, Cortez.
- Nov. 15, Anna Maria Island Community Center “Concert on the Green.”
- Nov. 16, Anna Maria Island Community Chorus and Orchestra “Fall Welcome” concert. Tickets on sale, www.amicco.org.
Send calendar announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.