Wednesday, Oct. 18
10 a.m. to noon - Watercolor class at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach. Information: 778-2099. Fee applies.
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Networking lunch with the Longboat-Lido-St. Armand Keys Chamber of Commerce at the Sun House Restaurant, 111 Gulf Drive S., Bradenton Beach. Information: 383-8217. Fee applies.
Noon - Anna Maria Garden Club presents container gardening at Roser Memorial Community Church, 512 Pine Ave., Anna Maria. Information: 778-2809.
1:30 to 3:30 p.m. - Basket-weaving class at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach. Information: 778-2099. Fee applies.
Thursday, Oct. 19
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. - Tri-Chamber business after-hours table top displays at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail, Sarasota. Fee applies.
Until 9 p.m. - Family activities at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St., Bradenton. Information: 746-4131. Fee applies.
Friday, Oct. 20
5 to 7 p.m. - Reception for women contemporary artists exhibiting at the South Florida Museum, 201 10th St., Bradenton. Information: 746-4131. Fee applies.
Saturday, Oct. 21
8:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. - ABC Boating class at the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, 5801 33rd Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 795-6189. Fee applies.
8:30 a.m. - Kiwanis Club presents Jay Wittner of AG Edwards who will speak about the "Space Program" at Cafe on the Beach, Manatee Public Beach, 4700 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach.
10 a.m. to noon - Beginning drawing for ages 8-12 at the Anna Maria Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach. Information: 778-2099. Fee applies.
10 a.m. to 7 p.m. - Island Bayfest sponsored by the Anna Maria Island Chamber of Commerce on Pine Avenue in Anna Maria. Information: 779-9412.
10:30 a.m. -Save Anna Maria, Inc. meeting with guest Joe Duennes of Holmes Beach Public Works at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-4255.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - "Nurse Shark" Halloween fun at Mote Marine Aquarium, 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 388-4441. Fee applies.
1 to 4 p.m. - Fall festival at Christ United Methodist Church, 5512 26th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 755-2722.
Monday, Oct. 23
7 to 9 p.m. - "The Way of the Heart" class at St. Bernard Catholic Church, 248 S. Harbor Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-4769.
Tuesday, Oct. 24
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Home school festival at Mote Marine Laboratory, 1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy., Sarasota. Information: 388-4441. Fee applies.
Noon - Anna Maria Island Rotary Club meeting with past Rotary District Gov. Jim Henry speaking about the Island club's clean well project in Nigeria at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 350-4326.
- "Quartet" at the Island Players, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria, through Oct. 22. Information: 778-5755. Fee applies.
- "Sweeney Todd" at Manatee Players Riverfront Theatre, 102 Old Main St., Bradenton, through Oct. 29. Information: 748-5875. Fee applies.
- Watercolor exhibit by Paul Acre at Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, through Oct. 31. Information: 792-1039.
- Faculty exhibit at the Anna Maria Island Art League, 5312 Holmes Blvd., Holmes Beach, through Nov. 3. Information: 778-2099.
- "Latin American Art Exposition" at the Longboat Key Center for the Arts, 6860 Longboat Drive, Longboat Key, through Nov. 9. Information: 794-0650.
- Family Halloween night at South Florida Museum Oct. 26.
- Fall festival fun house at G.T. Bray Oct. 26-17.
- Goblin Gathering at G.T. Bray Oct. 27.
- Fall Festival at AME Oct. 28.
- Oktoberfest at Church of the Annunciation Oct. 28.
- ABC Boating class at U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Oct. 28.
- Sidewalk astronomy at South Florida Museum Oct. 28.
- Sierra Club Energy Film Festival Oct. 28.
- Italian Harvest Party at Palma Sola Botanical Park Oct. 29.
- Trail of Treats Oct. 31.
Save the Date:
- Taste of Manatee Nov. 4-5.
- Suncoast Winefest Nov. 11.
- Empty Bowls downtown Bradenton Nov. 16.
- Sandblast Nov. 18.
- Anna Maria Island Community Orchestra and Choir presents "Celebration of Autumn" Nov. 19.