Wednesday, Jan. 28
3 p.m. — “Better Birding Photography” with James Corwin Johnson at the Island Branch Library, 5701 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 778-6341.
Thursday, Jan. 29
3:45 to 5:45 p.m. — “Theatre for the Soul” six-week class at the Longboat Island Chapel, 6200 Gulf of Mexico Drive, Longboat Key. Information: 941-383-6491.
7 to 8:30 p.m. — “Circle of Light Meditation” with Frannie Hoffman at the Island Yoga Space, 9805 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-782-0770.
Saturday, Jan. 31
8:30 a.m. — The Kiwanis Club of Anna Maria Island hosts a breakfast meeting with guest speaker, attorney and Anna Maria City Commissioner Chuck Webb, on the topic of wills and trusts at Cafe on the Beach, 4000 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-795-8697.
9:30 to 11 a.m. — “Living Well” seminar with Steve Schewe at CrossPointe Fellowship, 8605 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Registration: 778-7845.
10 a.m. to noon — Watercolor painting demonstration by Caroline Whitmore at Island Gallery West, 5368 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6648.
Monday, Feb. 2
7 p.m. — Artists’ Guild Gallery presents “What’s new in Art Supplies” with representatives from Keeton’s Office and Art Supply Store in the Community Hall at the Episcopal Church of the Annunciation, 4408 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach. Information: 941-778-6694.
Tuesday, Feb. 3
Noon: The Rotary Club of Anna Maria Island meets for lunch and a presentation by John Freeman with ShelterBox USA at the BeachHouse Restaurant, 200 Gulf Drive N., Bradenton Beach. Fee. Information: 941-778-1880.
Off-Island Arts & Events:
Thursday, Jan. 29
7 p.m. — Gulfcoast Sandpiper Chorus open house at the Town Center at Water’s Edge, 3132 21st Lane W., Bradenton. Information: 941-778-4590.
- “The Affections of May” runs through Feb. 8 at the Island Players Theatre, 10009 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Box Office: 941-778-5755. Fee applies.
- “Society of Artists” exhibit through Feb. 19 at the Manatee Community College Fine Art Gallery, 2840 26th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-752-5225.
- The first and third Mondays of each month, the American Legion Post 24, 2005 75th St. W., Bradenton, hosts dinners for the public. Fee. Information: 941-794-3489.
- Tuesdays at 7 p.m., the Bay Chorale holds rehearsal at H2U Blake Hospital Building, 6049 26th St. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-761-1221 or 941-907-1224.
- Tuesdays at 7 p.m., smoke-free bingo at Annie Silver Community Center, 103 23rd St. N., Bradenton Beach. Information: 941-778-1915.
- Wednesdays and Saturdays at 9 a.m., players pitch horseshoes in the pits at Anna Maria City Hall, 10005 Gulf Drive, Anna Maria. Information: 941-708-6130.
- Thursdays (excluding the first Thursday of the month) at 7 p.m., The Village Bookshop Poets and Writers Group meets at the shop, 1006 11th Ave. W., Bradenton. Information: 941-750-9141.
- Feb. 5, Antique appraisals at the South Florida Museum.
- Feb. 6, “Lucky Seven: A photographic invitational” at The Dancing Crane Gallery.
- Feb. 6-7, yard sale at Cortez Park clubhouse.
- Feb. 7, “Love is in the Air” Family Night at the South Florida Museum.
- Feb. 7, Sister Keys environmental cleanup.
- Feb. 7, book sale at Island Branch Library.
- Feb. 7, Children’s creative clay class at the Anna Maria Island Art League.
- Feb. 7, Manatee Sweet Adelines concert at Neel Performing Arts Center.
- Feb. 8, Gloria Dei Lutheran Church 50th Anniversary dinner at the Key Royale Club.
- Feb. 10, “Your Place in Space: Earth as a Habitable Planet” at the South Florida Museum.
- Feb. 11, “Fireproof” film viewing at CrossPointe Fellowship.
Save the date
- Feb. 14, Anna Maria Island art and craft festival to benefit the Butterfly Park.
- Feb. 14, Couples Yoga on the beach near the BeachHouse Restaurant.
- Feb. 15, Anna Maria Island Community Choir and Orchestra concert.
- Feb. 19, Syesha Mercado “Follow Your Dreams” benefit concert for Manatee School District students at the Manatee Convention Center.
- Feb. 21, “Heart and Soul” dance at the Anna Maria Island Community Center.
- Feb. 21-22, Cortez Commercial Fishing Festival.
Send calendar announcements to email@example.com. Please include the time, date and location of the event, a brief description and a contact via e-mail and phone.